In this section
Our Aim: East Norfolk Sixth Form College is committed to the principle that it is always unacceptable for a learner to experience abuse of any kind and recognises that it has a responsibility to safeguard the welfare and wellbeing of all learners. It will do so through commitment to safe practices and the creation of a ‘supportive culture which includes respect, openness and honesty and which recognises and champions diversity and individual need’.
This statement applies to all staff, including senior managers and Governors; paid staff, volunteers and sessional workers; agency staff; students and contractors.
- The welfare of all our learners is paramount
- All learners, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with learners and other agencies is essential in promoting a safe learning environment
We will always seek to provide:
- Protection for learners at our College
- Staff and volunteers with guidance and training in procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a learner may be experiencing, or be at risk of harm.
We will seek to safeguard all learners by:
- Valuing and respecting them as individuals, providing them with opportunities to share their concerns and listening to them
- Adopting safeguarding practices through effective procedures and training that reflects current legislation and guidelines
- Providing a code of conduct and staff charter (code of positive behaviours)
- Delivering Safer Recruitment and effective screening procedures
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need it, and involving learners and their parents/carers appropriately
- Reviewing our policy and practice annually
To view a copy of East Norfolk's Safeguarding Policy click here